Turkey Online Visa Application Overview
Turkey e-Visa, or Turkey Electronic Travel Authorization, is a mandatory travel documents for citizens of visa-exempt countries. If you are a citizen of a Turkey e-Visa eligible country, you will need Turkey Visa Online for layover or transit, or for tourism and sightseeing, or for business purposes.
Applying for an Turkey Visa Online is a straighforward process and whole process can be completed online. However its a good idea to understand what are essential Turkey e-Visa requirements before you begin the process. In order to apply for your Electronic Turkey Visa, you will have to complete the application form on this website, provide passport, family and travel details, and pay online.
Before you can complete your application for Turkey Visa Online, you will need to have three (3) things: a valid email adress, a way to pay online (debit card or credit card or PayPal) and a valid passport.
- A valid email address: You will need a valid email address to apply for Turkey e-Visa application. As part of the application process, you are required to provide your email address and all communication regarding your application will be done via email. After you complete the Turkey Visa Online application, your Turkey e-Visa should arrive in your email within 72 hours.
- Online form of payment: After providing some essential details regarding your trip to Turkey, you are required to make the payment online. We use Secure PayPal payment gateway to process all payments. You will need either a valid Debit or Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, UnionPay) or PayPal account to make your payment.
Valid passport: You must have a valid and ordinary passport that has not expired. If you do not have a passport, then
you must apply for one immediately since Turkey Visa application cannot be completed without the passport information.
Remember that Turkey e-Visa is electronically linked to your passport.
NOTE: Only ordinary passport holders are eligible to apply for Turkey e-Visa. Candidates who hold International Travel Documents or Service Passports or Diplomatic Passports cannot apply for an e-Visa for Turkey.
Application Form and Language support
To start your application, go to www.turkey-visa-online.org and click on Apply Online. This will bring you to Turkey e-Visa Online Application Form. This website provides support for multiple languages like French, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish and more. Select your language as shown and you can see the application form translated in your native language.
If you have trouble filling the application form, there are multiple resources available to help you. There is an Frequently Asked Questions page and general requirements for the Electronic Turkey Visa page. If you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our Turkey e-Visa helpdesk for support and guidance.
Time required to complete Turkey Visa Online application
It typically takes 5-10 minutes to complete e-Visa application. If you have all the information ready, it could take as little as 5 minutes to complete the form and make your payment. Since Turkey e-Visa is a 100% online process, most Turkey e-Visa application results are mailed within 24 hours to your email address. If you do not have all information ready, it could take upto 10 minutes to finish the application.
Application Form Questions and Sections
Here are the questions and sections on the Turkey Visa Online Application form:
- First name or give name
- Family/last name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of citizenship
- Email Address
- Document type (it must be Ordinary)
- Passport number
- Passport date of issue
- Passport expiry date
Address and Travel Details
- Street name, town or city, postal or zip code
- Purpose of visit (tourist, transit or business)
- Expected arrival date
- Have your applied for Canada before
Family and Other Travel Details
- Purpose of Visit
- Mother's Full Name
- Father's Full Name
- Mobile/Phone Number
- Expected Date of Arrival
- Consent and declaration
Eligible Countries for Turkey e-Visa.
Entering passport information
It is essential to enter correct Passport Number and Country of Citizenship since your Turkey e-Visa application is linked directly to your passport and you must travel with this passport.
- Look at your passport information page and enter the passport number at the top of this page
- Passport numbers are mostly 8 to 11 characters longer. If you are entering a number that is too short or too long or outside of this range, it is pretty like that you are entering a wrong number.
- Passport numbers are a combination of alphabeters and number, so be extra careful with letter O and number 0, letter I and the number 1.
- Passport numbers should never contain special characters like a hyphen or spaces.
Country of Citizenship
- Select the country code shown exactly in the passport information page.
- To figure out the country look for "Code" or "Issuing Country" or "Authority"
If passport information viz. passport number or country code is incorrect in Turkey e-Visa application, you may not be able to board your flight to Turkey.
- You may only find out at the airport if you made a mistake.
- You will need to reapply for Turkey Visa Online at the airport.
- It may not be possible to get Turkey e-Visa at the last minute and it can take upto 72 hours in certain scenarios.
What happens afer making Payment
Once you have completed the Application Form page, you will be prompted to make a payment. All payments are processed via Secure PayPal payment gateway. Once your payment is complete, you should recieve your Electronic Turkey Visa in your email inbox within 72 hours.
Please apply for a Turkey e-Visa 72 hours in advance of your flight.