Turkey eVisa Online Application Process – Get Your Visa in 24 Hours
Looking for Turkey visa application form? If yes, then click here to learn more about Turkey visa application process, which you must know before you start Turkey visa application process.
Planning to visit Turkey for tourism or business purposes? For foreign travelers, it is mandatory to have a valid passport and visa that allows them to visit the country. However, Turkey is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world and getting a visa would mean standing in long queues or months of visa processing.
Therefore, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey has introduced the concept of a Turkey visa online. This allows foreign travelers from visa-exempt countries to apply for a visa electronically and get one, without having to visit the Turkish consulate or embassy.
The Turkey eVisa is available only to citizens from eligible countries, who are visiting the country for the purpose of:
- Tourism and sightseeing
- Transit or layover
- Business or trading
It is simple and hassle-free to submit your online Turkey visa application and the entire process can be completed electronically within a few minutes. At TurkeyVisaOnline.org, you can apply for an eVisa and get approved in 24 hours! However, before you apply, it is important to understand the key requirements and whether you are eligible for an electronic visa.
Turkey e-Visa or Turkey Visa Online is an electronic travel authorization or travel permit to visit Turkey for a period of upto 90 days. Government of Turkey recommends that international visitors must apply for a Turkey Visa Online at least three days before you visit Turkey. Foreign citizens can apply for an Turkey Visa Application in a matter of minutes. Turkey Visa application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
What is a Turkey eVisa? What are its Benefits?
A Turkey eVisa is an official travel document that allows entry into and travels within the country. However, only citizens coming from eligible countries can apply for the visa, provided they visit the country for a short period for tourism, business, or transit. If you want to study or work in Turkey, or planning for a longer stay, you need to apply for a regular visa at your local Turkish consulate or embassy.
The applicants will receive the eVisa electronically after providing all necessary information and making payments via credit/debit card or PayPal. You need to present a soft copy or hard copy of the visa at entry ports; though, you are not required to submit any documents there. All your information gets automatically updated and stored in the system, and can be verified by passport control officers.
The primary benefits of applying for a Turkey visa online are:
- It is simple, fast, and straightforward to file your Turkey visa application. You only need a computer and a stable internet connection to apply for an eVisa
- Since all information and documents are submitted electronically, it helps avoid standing in long queues for hours to file the application
- Turkey visa application forms submitted online are fewer as compared to regular visas. This means faster processing times. Depending on the speed of visa processing you choose, you can get your eVisa even on the same day
- It is the most effective visa application system for eligible citizens who want to visit Turkey for a short duration for the purpose of travel or business.
An e-Visa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within Turkey. The e-Visa is an alternative to visas issued at Turkish missions and at the ports of entry. Applicants obtain their visas electronically after entering required information and making payments by a credit or debit card (Mastercard, Visa or American Express). Learn more at eVisa Turkey Frequently Asked Questions
Key Requirements to Complete Your Visa Application Form
Before you apply for a Turkey electronic visa, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Have a valid passport: You must have a passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date you plan to enter the country. If you hold passports for more than one nationality, make sure you provide the information about the passport that you intend to carry on your visit to Turkey. Remember, your Turkey eVisa is linked electronically to your passport and therefore, it is mandatory to provide your passport information when filling out your Turkey visa application. Also, only ordinary passport holders can apply for an eVisa. If you hold service or diplomatic passports, or international travel documents, you cannot apply for a visa online.
- Have a valid email address: To apply for a Turkey eVisa, you must have a valid email address. This is because all communication related to your application will happen via your email. Once you submit the visa application form and it gets approved, the Turkey eVisa will be sent to you at your email address in less than 72 hours.
- Make a payment online: Once you provide your personal details, passport number, and information about your travel, you need to pay the required fee online. For this, you will require having an online form of payment, including a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account.
If you wish to visit Turkey during the summer months, particularly in around May to August, you will find the weather to be quite pleasant with a moderate amount of sunshine - it is the best time to explore the entirety of Turkey and all the areas surrounding it. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Visiting Turkey During the Summer Months
How to Apply for a Turkey eVisa?
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for a Turkey visa online:
#1: Visit https://www.turkey-visa-online.org/visa and on the top right corner of the page, click the option “Apply Online.” This will direct you to the Turkey visa application form. We provide multiple language support, including English, Spanish, Dutch, French, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, etc. Choose your preferred language as available and fill up the form in your native language.
#2: In the application form, provide your personal details, including your name as mentioned in the passport, date and place of birth, gender, country of citizenship, and email address.
#3: Provide information about your passport that includes document type, passport number and date of issue, and expiry date.
#4: You must also provide your travel details, stating your purpose of visit (tourism, business, or transit), the address of where you intend to stay during your visit, your expected date of arrival in Turkey, and whether you have applied for a Canadian visa earlier.
#5: Provide family details and other information if you are applying for their visa too.
#6: Provide your consent and declaration and submit the form.
How Long Does it Take to Complete the Online Visa Application Process?
With all information ready for you, it takes approximately 5-10 minutes to fill out the visa application form on our website. Depending on the visa processing speed you choose, it may take 24-72 hours to get your visa via your email. If additional security checking is required, the visa processing duration may increase.
The Seven Lakes National Park and the Abant Lake Nature Park have become two of the most popular nature retreats in Turkey, for tourists searching to lose themselves in the magnificence of mother nature, learn about them at The Seven Lakes National Park and The Abant Lake Nature Park
For How Long Can I Stay in Turkey With an eVisa?
The validity of your Turkey eVisa will vary depending on your country of travel document. For instance, citizens from some countries are eligible for a multiple-entry visa that allows them to stay in Turkey for up to 90 days. On the other hand, a single-entry visa allows the applicant to stay for up to 30 days. In both cases, the visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
If you are facing difficulties filling out the application form, visit our Frequently Asked Questions section or explore our general requirements for the Electronic Turkey Visa page. For further support and guidance, contact our Turkey eVisa helpdesk team.
Located on the threshold of Asia and Europe, Turkey is well-connected to different parts of the world and receives a global audience annually. As a tourist, you will be offered an opportunity to take part in countless adventure sports, thanks to the recent promotional initiatives taken by the government, find out more at The Top Adventure Sports in Turkey
Check your eligibility for Turkey Visa and apply for Turkey e-Visa 72 hours in advance of your flight. American citizens, Australian citizens, Chinese citizens, Canadian citizens, South African citizens, Mexican citizens, and Emiratis (UAE citizens), can apply online for Electronic Turkey Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our Turkey Visa helpdesk for support and guidance.