Apply For Turkey Tourist Visa Online
A breathtaking epitome of ancient ruins, a vibrant Mediterranean climate, and a vibrant country bubbling with life – Turkey is a wonderful place to be for both beach-buffs and culture-seekers. Furthermore, the country paves the way for lucrative business opportunities, attracting traders and businessmen from across the world.
Adding to the delight, there are innumerable tourist attractions in Turkey. From the rock valleys of Cappadocia to the sumptuous Topkapı Palace of Istanbul, from cruising the Mediterranean coast to exploring the mystical beauty of Hagia Sophia – there is so much to discover and experience in Turkey!.
However, for foreign travelers visiting the country, it is mandatory to have a Turkey tourist visa. But Turkey is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and getting a visa can be a daunting process. You may require standing in a long queue for hours to apply for a tourist visa, and then it involves weeks to get the application approved.
Thankfully, you can now apply for a Turkey tourist visa online and get your visa electronically, without having to visit the nearest Turkish consulate. The visa that you will receive electronically will serve as your official Turkey visa. Learn how to apply for a tourist visa online, eligibility requirements, and visa processing time.
What is Turkey eVisa?Turkey Tourist Visa
The electronic Turkey tourist visa, also known as eVisa, is an official travel document that allows you to visit the country for the sole purpose of tourism. The eVisa program was launched by the Turkish Foreign Affairs Ministry in 2013, helping foreign travelers apply for and get a tourist visa electronically. It replaces the traditional stamp and sticker visa but serves as an official document that is valid across the country.
So, travelers can now apply for a tourist visa online in less than 30 minutes and without having to wait in long queues to file an application. It is a convenient and cost-effective way of obtaining a Turkey tourist visa and visiting the country for tourism. You can complete the application process online and receive the Turkey eVisa via email.
You do not need to submit any document at the Turkish consulate or the airport. The electronic visa will be considered valid at any point of entry. However, all travelers need to have a valid visa before they could enter the country. Apply for a Turkish tourist visa online at turkey-visa-online.org.
Should You Apply for a Normal Visa or an eVisa?
Which type of Turkey tourist visa you should apply for depends on a number of factors.
If you are a tourist or a business traveler visiting the country for less than 90 days, then you should apply for a tourist visa online. The option for online application is available on our website. However, if you are planning to study or live in Turkey, work with a Turkish organization, or need to visit the country for a longer duration, then you must apply for a visa at your nearest Turkish embassy or consulate.
So, whether you should apply for an eVisa or visit the embassy for a visa will depend on your purpose of travel.
Pay the Fee
Now you need to pay the fee for your Turkey visa Application. You can make the payment through credit card, debit card or PayPal. Once you have paid fees for your Official Turkey visa fee, you will get a unique reference number via email.
Advantages of Applying for a Turkey Tourist Visa Online
- Easy and hassle-free to apply for a Turkey tourist visa via our website. You do not need to visit the Turkish embassy or consulate to obtain a visa
- No more standing in long queues at a Turkish airport; no need to submit your documents at the airport. All information related to your eVisa automatically gets updated in the official system and can be accessed from there
- You can conveniently check the status of your eVisa application online and also gets updates about all important information
- Since you do not need to submit any documents at the Turkish consulate or remain present physically, the time taken to process and get the visa is reduced considerably
- The approval process for your Turkey tourist visa typically takes less than 24 hours. If the application gets approved, you will receive an email that includes a link to download your eVisa
- You can safely pay online using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal. There are no other fees involved except the cost of applying for a tourist visa online
Before applying for an eVisa, it is crucial to check if tourists from your country (as mentioned in the passport) are eligible to apply for an electronic visa or if you need a regular stamp and sticker visa.
Turkey Tourist Visa Requirements
Before you submit the Turkey visa application, see if you meet the following Turkey tourist visa requirements:
- You should belong to a country that allows applying for a Turkey visa online
- You must be an eligible candidate to apply for a Turkish electronic visa; make sure you do not fall under the category of exemptions
- You must hold a passport that is valid for at least 60 days after the date you plan to depart from Turkey
- You need to provide supporting documents that validate your purpose of visit and stay duration in Turkey. These may include your flight tickets, hotel bookings, etc.
- You must have a valid email address where you will receive all updates about your Turkey tourist visa and also get the eVisa once it is approved
Check if you meet the tourist visa requirements at turkey-visa-online.org.
How to Apply for a Turkey Tourist Visa?
If you meet the Turkey tourist visa requirements, here are the steps to apply for an eVisa:
- On our website, www.turkey-visa-online.org/, you can apply for an eVisa online within minutes and get approved typically in 24 hours
- On the top right corner of the home page, click “Apply Online” and you will be redirected to a screen where you can fill up the application form carefully
- The application form requires you to provide your personal details, such as full name, email address, date and place of birth, and gender. You also need to provide details about your purpose of visit, including flight details, hotel bookings, etc. You must also provide your passport number
- Once you fill up all the details correctly, choose your preferred processing time, review the application, and click “Submit”
- Next, you will need to pay the required fee for your Turkey tourist visa application. We accept payments via debit card or credit card
- Once the payment is processed, the official department will process the application and send you an approval, typically within 24 hours. If approved, you will receive the eVisa via your email id
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. For how long can I stay in Turkey with an eVisa?
The validity of your eVisa and duration of stay will vary depending on the country you belong to. In most cases, the visa is valid for 60 days. However, travelers from countries like the United States can stay in Turkey for up to 30 days. So, check the tourist visa requirements before you apply.
Q. How often can I visit Turkey with a valid tourist visa?
Depending on your nationality, you can be eligible to obtain a single-entry or multiple-entry Turkey tourist visa.
Q. Do minors traveling to Turkey also need an electronic visa?
Yes; everyone traveling to Turkey, including children and infants, requires obtaining a visa mandatorily.
Q. Can I extend the validity of my visa?
No; the Turkey tourist visa is valid for up to 60 days and you cannot extend its validity. To stay in the country for a longer duration, you will need to apply for a regular visa at the Turkish embassy or consulate.