The Emergency eVisa to Visit Turkey
By: Tiasha Chatterjee
Foreigners who must visit Turkey on a crisis basis are granted an Emergency Turkish Visa (eVisa for emergency). If you live outside of Turkey and need to visit Turkey for a crisis or urgent reason, such as the death of a family member or cherished one, coming to court for legal reasons, or your family member or a cherished one is suffering from a real illness, you can apply for an emergency Turkey visa.
If you submit a standard application, the visa for Turkey is usually issued within 3 days and emailed to you. Regardless, applying for a visa many weeks before departure is recommended. This way, you will never be caught off guard just as you are ready to go on your journey. You did not have the time or the means to accomplish it? Then you may still apply for a visa at the last minute using the emergency application method.
Unlike other visas such as the Turkish Tourist Visa, Turkish Business Visa, and Turkish Medical Visa, an Emergency Visa to Turkey or Emergency Turkish eTA application requires significantly less preparation time. If you need to travel to Turkey for purposes like sightseeing, seeing a friend, or attending a complicated relationship, you would not be eligible for a Turkish crisis visa since such situations are not considered emergency situations. As a result, you will need to apply for a variety of visas. One of the characteristics of the critical or emergency Turkish e-visa application is that it is processed even on weekends for people who need to go to Turkey for emergency or unforeseen circumstances.
For an instant and urgent requirement, an Emergency Visa for Turkey can be requested at https://www.Turkey-visa-online.org. This might be a death in the family, a sickness in oneself or a close relative, or a court appearance. For your emergency eVisa to visit Turkey, an urgent processing charge must be paid which is not required in the case of tourists, Business, Medical, Conference, and Medical Attendant Turkish Visas. You may receive an Emergency Turkish Visa Online (eVisa Turkey) in as little as 24 hours and as much as 72 hours with this service. This is appropriate if you are short on time or have scheduled a last-minute trip to Turkey and want a Turkish visa right away.
Turkey e-Visa or Turkey Visa Online is an electronic travel authorization or travel permit to visit Turkey for a period of upto 90 days. Government of Turkey recommends that international visitors must apply for a Turkey Visa Online at least three days before you visit Turkey. Foreign citizens can apply for an Turkey Visa Application in a matter of minutes. Turkey Visa application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
What is the difference between an emergency and an urgent evisa for Turkey?
An emergency occurs when something unexpected happens, such as a death, a sudden sickness, or an incident that necessitates your urgent presence in Turkey.
The Turkish government has made it easier for most countries to apply for an electronic Turkish visa (eVisa Turkey) by filling out an online Turkish Visa Application Form for tourism, business, medical treatment, and conferences.
Certain Emergency Visa for Turkey applications necessitates an in-person visit to the Turkish Embassy. When you need to go to Turkey for tourism, business, or medical reasons, you cannot wait for a long time for your Turkish visa to be issued. Our staff will work on weekends, holidays, and after hours to guarantee that people in need of an Emergency Turkish Visa may get one in the quickest period feasible.
This might take as little as 18 to 24 hours or as long as 48 hours. The precise timing depends on the number of such cases on hand at any particular time of year, as well as the availability of Emergency Turkish Visa processing professionals to help inbound visitors to Turkey. A fast track crew that works around the clock can process Emergency Turkish visas.
You will almost likely obtain the e-visa by the time you land if you are already on the plane and submit your emergency application through smartphone before takeoff. You will, however, require an internet connection in Turkey in order to obtain the e-visa; after all, it is transmitted by e-mail. Is there no internet in Turkey? The visa for Turkey is electronically connected to your passport, so there should be no problems. As a result, the immigration office rarely requests a paper copy of your visa.
Pay attention even during an emergency -
Applications filed using the expedited application process are more likely to be refused. This is because travellers who rush through the application form make more errors. Take your time filling out the visa application carefully and thoroughly. If you misspell your name, date of birth, or passport number, the visa's validity will be terminated immediately. To enter the nation, you will need to apply for a new visa (and pay again).
Foreign nationals wishing to travel to Turkey for tourist or business purposes must either apply for regular or traditional visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization called Turkey e-Visa. Learn more at Eligible Countries for Turkey e-Visa
What are the Emergency Turkish eVisa Processing Consideration Cases?
You may need to contact your Turkish eVisa Help Desk if you need an Emergency Turkish Visa. Our management must approve it internally. To use this service, you may be charged an extra price. In the event of the death of a close relative, you may be compelled to visit the Turkish embassy to apply for an Emergency Visa.
It is your obligation to fill out the application form completely and accurately. Only Turkish National Holidays prevent Emergency Turkey Visas from being processed. You should not submit numerous applications at the same time, as one of them may be rejected as redundant.
If you want to apply for an emergency visa at a local Turkish embassy, you must arrive by 2 p.m. local time in most embassies. After you have paid, you will be requested to give a face photograph and a passport scan copy or a photo from your phone. If you apply for a Turkish Visa Online (eVisa Turkey) for Urgent / Fast Track processing via our website https://www.Turkey-visa-online.org, you will be sent an Emergency Turkish Visa by email, and you may carry a PDF soft copy or hard copy to the airport instantly. All Turkish Visa Authorized Ports of Entry accept Emergency Turkish Visas.
Before making your request, make sure you have all of the necessary papers for the visa type you want. Please keep in mind that making misleading remarks regarding the necessity for an emergency appointment might jeopardise your case's credibility during the visa interview.
The following cases will be considered to approve the Emergency eVisa to visit Turkey -
Emergency Medical Care -
The purpose of travel is to acquire emergency medical treatment or to follow a relative or employer to receive emergency medical treatment.
Documentation required -
- A letter from your doctor detailing your medical condition and why you are seeking treatment in the country.
- A letter from a Turkish physician or hospital saying that they are willing to treat the case and offering an estimate of the treatment costs.
- Evidence of how you intend to pay for the therapy.
Family member's illness or injury -
The purpose of the trip is to care for a close relative (mother, father, brother, sister, kid, grandparent, or grandchild) who has been extremely ill or been injured in the United States.
Documentation required -
- A doctor's or hospital's letter verifying and explaining the disease or damage.
- Evidence that indicates the individual who is unwell or injured is a close relative.
For funeral or Death -
The purpose of the trip is to attend the burial of or make preparations for the repatriation of the body of a close relative in Turkey (mother, father, brother, sister, kid, grandparent, or grandchild).
Documentation required -
- A letter from the funeral director with the contact information, the deceased's details, and the funeral date.
- You must also show proof that the deceased was a close relative.
Business reasons -
The goal of the trip is to attend to a business concern that could not be expected ahead of time. The majority of business travel is not seen as an emergency. Please explain why you were unable to make travel arrangements in advance.
Documentation required -
- A letter from the appropriate firm in Turkey and a letter from any company in your country of residence attesting to the importance of the scheduled visit, detailing the nature of the business and the potential loss if an emergency appointment is not available.
- Evidence of a three-month or shorter essential training programme in Turkey, including letters from both your current employer and the Turkish organisation offering the training. Both letters should provide a clear description of the training and a justification for why the Turkish or your current firm will lose a considerable amount of money if an emergency appointment is not available.
Students or Exchange Temporary workers or students -
The goal of travel is to go back to Turkey in time to attend a school or restart a job. During their intended stays in the country, we expect students and temporary employees to make every effort to arrange frequent checkups. However, the Embassy will consider emergency appointments for these sorts of travel in restricted circumstances.
When does a situation become urgent enough to be eligible for the Emergency evisa to visit Turkey?
Applications for evidence of citizenship, searches of Turkish citizens' citizenship records, resumptions, and applications for citizenship are all accelerated if the following papers demonstrate the requirement for urgency -
- The office of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship has made a request.
- The applicants are unable to get a passport in their current nationality due to death or significant sickness in their family (which includes the Turkish passport).
- The applicants are Turkish citizens who fear losing their jobs or opportunities because they do not have a certificate proving their Turkish citizenship.
- An applicant for citizenship has a successful appeal to the Federal Court after an application is delayed owing to an administrative mistake.
- The applicant is in a circumstance where delaying the citizenship application will be detrimental to them (for instance, the need to renounce foreign citizenship by a certain date).
- A citizenship certificate is required to get certain benefits such as a pension, a social security number, or health care.
What are the advantages of using the emergency evisa to visit Turkey?
The advantages of using Turkey Visa Online (eVisa Turkey) for Emergency Turkish Visa include totally paperless processing, the elimination of the need to visit a Turkish Embassy, validity for both air and sea routes, payment in over 133 currencies, and application processing around the clock. You are not required to have your passport page stamped or to visit any Turkish government agency.
When the application is completed properly, needed reports are supplied, and the whole application is completed, the Emergency Turkish e-visa is issued in 1 to 3 working days. If you require a really Emergency visa, you may have to pay a greater charge if you choose this accommodation. Tourist, Medical, Business, Conference, and Medical Attendant visa seekers can use this Urgent Processing or Fast Track Visa Service.
What are the things to keep in mind when applying for an Emergency visa in Turkey?
In comparison to other visas, obtaining an Emergency visa approval is more difficult because it is based on an endorsement. In clinical and death instances, you will be required to produce the authorities a copy of the medical clinic's letter to prove the ailment or death. If you do not comply, your application for an Emergency Visa to Turkey will be denied.
Assume complete responsibility for providing accurate details such as your phone number, email address, and social media accounts for any communication requiring more information.
On national holidays, the Emergency Turkish Visa application is not processed.
If a candidate has more than one genuine identity, a visa that has been harmed, an expired or significant visa, an effectively provided visa that is still considerable, or several visas, their application might take up to four days for the government to decide. The application submitted on this official website will be decided by the Government of Turkey.
Cappadocia, located in the heart of Turkey, is perhaps the most well-known amongst distant travellers for offering a picturesque scenery of hundreds and thousands of colourful hot air balloons. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Hot Air Balloon Ride in Cappadocia, Turkey
What is the required documentation to apply for an Emergency eVisa to Turkey?
You must now provide duplicates of records proving your loved one's death or condition, which have already been cited. An inspected duplicate of your passport with two clean pages and a 6-month validity. Check the Turkish Visa Passport Requirements and the Turkish Visa Photo Requirements for a current shaded photograph of yourself with a white background to ensure clarity.
Who is eligible to apply for the Emergency evisa to visit Turkey?
The following types of applicants are eligible to apply for an Emergency evisa to Turkey -
- Foreign nationals with minor children who have at least one Turkish citizen as a parent;
- Turkish citizens married to foreign nationalities;
- Single foreign individuals with small children who have a Turkish passport
- Students who are foreign nationals with at least one Turkish citizen as a parent;
- Official or service passport-holding service workers accredited to foreign diplomatic missions, consular offices, or accredited international organisations in Turkey;
- Foreign citizens of Turkish descent who seek to visit Turkey due to a family emergency, such as urgent medical problems or death among immediate family members. For this reason, a person of Turkish origin is defined as someone who has or has a Turkish passport, or whose parents are or were citizens of Turkey before.
- Foreign citizens trapped in close neighbouring countries that wish to get to their final destination through Turkey; foreign nationals travelling to Turkey for medical treatment (including one attendant if so requested).
- Business, Employment, and Journalist are the other categories that are permitted. However, such candidates need to acquire particular prior approval by sending the appropriate papers.
Important - Applicants are advised to delay booking tickets until they have received the Emergency visa. the fact that you have a travel ticket will not be considered an emergency, and you may lose money as a result.
The mosques in Turkey are much more than just a prayer hall. They are a signature of the rich culture of the place, and a remnant of the great empires that have ruled over here. To get a taste of the richness of Turkey, make sure to visit the mosques on your next trip. Learn more at Tourist Guide to Most Beautiful Mosques in Turkey
What are the requirements and the process to apply for the Emergency evisa to visit Turkey?
- Fill out the Regular or Paper Visa Application Form at our website. (Please use the latest version of the browser which supports a secured site). Please keep a record of your Tracking ID in case you need it to finish your visa application. Save the pdf file and print your completed application.
- Sign the application form in the relevant areas on the first and second pages.
- To be put on the visa application form, one recent colour passport size (2inch x 2inch) photograph with a plain white backdrop displaying a full frontal face.
- Address evidence - Turkish driver's licence, gas, electricity, or landline telephone bill with applicant's address, and house lease agreement
In addition to the above, persons of Turkish origin seeking a visa for a medical emergency or the death of an immediate family member must submit a previously held Turkish passport; the most recent doctor certificate/hospital paper/death certificate of the sick or deceased family member in Turkey; copy of Turkish passport / ID proof of patient (to establish a relationship); if grandparents, please provide an ID of patient and parents passports to establish the relationship.
In the case of a minor child, the applicant must also submit the following documents - birth certificate with both parents' names; consent form signed by both parents; Turkish passport copies of both parents or Turkish passport with OCI of one parent; marriage certificate of parents (if spouse name is not mentioned on a Turkish passport); and Turkish passport copies of both parents.
In the event of a self-administered medical visa, the applicants must also provide a letter from a Turkish doctor advising treatment in Turkey, as well as an acceptance letter from a Turkish hospital specifying the patient's name, details, and passport number.
In the event of a medical attendant, a letter from the hospital declaring the need for one, together with the attendant's name, information, and passport number, as well as the patient's relationship to the attendant. a copy of the patient's passport.
Turkey e-Visa is superior to most of the above mentioned visas as it can be applied and completed online in a matter of minutes, it is issued within 24 hours in most cases, it allows multiple visits within a 180 days period not exceeded 90 days. Turkey Visa Online is valid for purpose of tourism and commerce or business. Learn more about Types of Turkey e-Visa (Electronic Travel Authorisation)
What are some additional Emergency evisa for Turkey related information that you must know?
Please keep in mind the following points -
- Visas are often issued on the basis of a passport or identity certificate.
- The passport must be valid for at least 190 days.
- Due to the COVID 19 situation, the Consulate may only issue visas that are valid for 3 months and commence from the day of issue. As a result, candidates are recommended to apply for a visa closer to their trip to Turkey.
- Without assigning any reasons, the Consulate General of Turkey maintains the right to postpone, amend the term, or reject visas. Visas are given following a series of checks and certifications. Acceptance of a visa application does not imply that the visa will be granted.
- Former Turkish passport holders must provide their current passport, together with a Surrender Certificate, or their relinquished Turkish passport. If the applicant plans to stay in the country beyond the 3-month visa validity period, he or she should relinquish his or her passport in their current country of residence, if not previously done.
- Even if a visa is denied or an application is withdrawn, fees already paid will not be returned.
- An applicant would be required to pay a certain sum of money in addition to the statutory price as a Consular Surcharge.
- Please review the Frequently Asked Questions for information about travelling to Turkey under the COVID-19 scenario, available on our website.
- Travelling to Turkey does not need a vaccination. Persons travelling in the country from or travelling through Yellow Fever-affected areas, however, must have a valid Yellow Fever vaccination certificate.
- Because visas are issued and attached to passports, passports must be presented together with the application form.
- Visas on Emergency Grounds are usually processed the same day at the Consulate, assuming all of the necessary documentation is in place.
What is the Emergency Turkey ETA?
Turkey's eTA system is an official document that allows you to enter the country. Through an online application form, citizens of qualifying countries can quickly obtain an e-Visa for Turkey. Because applicants do not need to attend an embassy or consulate to finish the application, getting an online eTA for Turkey is easier than acquiring a traditional visa. It may take up to 24 hours to process an online Turkey Visa application. The emergency e-Visa is delivered immediately to the applicant's email address after it has been accepted.
The whole application procedure takes place online. Applicants must simply fill out an online eTA application and pay a fee with a credit or debit card. It simply takes a few minutes to complete the procedure.
All eTA-eligible nationalities (see list below) who enter Turkey by flight require an eTA. Some persons can enter Turkey with merely their passport by crossing the US border. Other nations are not eligible for the eTA and must apply for a visa through an embassy or consulate.
Istanbul is old - it dates back thousands of years, and thus serves as the home to numerous historical places that attract visitors from all around the world. Learn more at Visiting Istanbul on a Turkish Visa Online
What are the countries that are eligible for the Emergency Turkey ETA?
The following countries are eligible for the multiple entry Turkey ETA that lasts 90 days –
Hong Kong BNO
St Vincent and the Grenadines
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
The following countries are eligible for the single entry Turkey ETA that lasts 30 days –
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of Congo
Greek Cypriot Administration
Republic of Congo
São Tomé and Príncipe
Some nationalities allowed to enter Turkey without a visa are:
All EU citizens
Gardening as an art became famous in Turkey during the reign of the Turkish empire and till today modern Anatolia, constituting the Asian part of Turkey, is filled with glorious greens even amidst the busy city streets, find out more at Must Visit Gardens of Istanbul and Turkey
Check your eligibility for Turkey Visa and apply for Turkey e-Visa 72 hours in advance of your flight. American citizens, Australian citizens, Chinese citizens, Canadian citizens, South African citizens, Mexican citizens, and Emiratis (UAE citizens), can apply online for Electronic Turkey Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our Turkey Visa helpdesk for support and guidance.